Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 7

Today was decent... I felt pretty good about the things I ate... well moreso HOW MUCH of it I ate. I knocked all my portions by about half and still felt pretty awesome, and not hungry, which is even more awesome. It rained today and was just plain messy outside, so I felt that it was best not to walk outside in the rain... seeing as how I'm already sick. So I did my walking inside. I know that eventually I need to do a little better than 20 minutes walks... but just give me some time and I'll get there - I have to get to "gazelle level" first, remember??

Water is my new best friend, ice cold water is AHMAZING... did you know that it help can you lose weight JUST by drinking ice cold water because your body has to burn energy just to get it to a higher temperature. It's not much but every little bit helps - I mean I'll take all the help I can get. Check this out - if you drink EIGHT 8oz ICE cold glasses of water a day your body will burn 70 calories. I mean I only burned like 130 calories walking for 20 minutes,  heck I'll stand around and drink ICE cold water any day!

So here is your homework if you are working with me here.... go hunt down memory lane for some old photos. Yeah, whip out those high school or college photos and pick some really good ones of yourself - ones when you felt good about how you looked. As I looked through my pictures I realized that I looked pretty dang good in ALL my OLD photos compared to now, I was like wow I thought I was a heifer then - HA! what was I thinking... if only I could have seen into the future. Anyways... back on track - so take some old photos of yourself that you love and put them in specific places. By specific I mean on the refrigerator door, in front of the pantry, on the bathroom mirror, near your scale, etc... places that will make you stop and take notice of what you want to get back to. Every time you reach for fridge door dreaming of chocolate chip cookie dough you will FREEZE and think "I'll never look like this again if I don't walk away". Well, maybe you won't think that... but I sure do. Some people like to put pictures of their "fat" selves up, but I mean... who wants to look at that - I wanna see what I WILL look like in 1 year, not something depressing. So that's it for tonight folks, get on it.

PS- where are all my song suggestions and followers?? I mean I thought you people were reading this! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Mountains

 I obviously haven't been journaling/blogging lately... and I feel the need to dump it all. All the highs and lows and in betweens of ou...