Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 6 - can't beat it!

Lost 5 WHOLE pounds..WHHHAT!?!? Oh yeah... uh huh... Yessss :) Okay, I'm done doing my happy dance now... I promise.

So it's Sunday, Day 6 and it's been slightly successful. Tomorrow I begin my 20 minute walks and hopefully that will make week 2 slightly more successful. Hey, it could happen. Me and the kiddo seem to be sick so it may prove to be harder than I'd like... but we will see. Speaking of my 20 minute walks I have a handy-dandy iTunes gift card I'd like to spend on a new "pump-me-up-slim-me-down" mix.... so any awesome song suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Just list them below and I'll think you're awesome.

This week I found out from my doctor that I have a Vitamin D deficiency and then I found out from my mom that it runs in the family, fantastic. So, I did a little research and found that a Vitamin D deficiency could lead to OBESITY... which is what I am, obese, like morbidly. So maybe this hefty dose of Vitamin D I'm on will lead to SLIM-SITY, haha. Okay, well maybe not but that could be awesome. Because of what Vitamin D does in your body it helps maintain a healthy metabolism of blood sugar and fat. It also improves insulin resistance which helps prevent type 2 Diabetes. It ALSO boosts your immune system (we all know that I need a good boost in that department)... this little Vitamin D has SUPERPOWERS! So basically I'm glad the good doctor caught it and I am able to get some prescription strength, she was like "It's low, like really, really, really low"... I said "Like 3 reallys worth of low" and she didn't think it was funny, but it was. So now I'm secretly telling my little Vitamin D muscle men to run and kick all my fat out. It's ridiculous I know.

Okay - so this is how you SUPPORT me today :) you go ahead and comment below and give me a few songs for my "pump-me-up-slim-me-down" mix and THEN you go and "JOIN THIS SITE" it's right there, the little button on the right of my blurb- basically you are "FOLLOWING" me on this blog. And that way you will get an email when I post something and you can head on over and read about all the crazy things I'm figuring out on this weight loss journey of mine.

Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for reading :)

PS- I LOST 5 POUNDS... oh yeah... mmm hmmm!

2 comments:

  1. That's great!Just keep doing that happy dance. No need to stop.I know it' sounds cheesy but you should put the Eye Of The Tiger on your song list. just picture yourself climbing those stairs as you walk and remember each time you get back to the AAK parking lot you have have reached the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like working out to Chris Brown and Adele... two totally different types of music, but they inspire me :) Beyonce is pretty awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete

Moving Mountains

 I obviously haven't been journaling/blogging lately... and I feel the need to dump it all. All the highs and lows and in betweens of ou...