Friday, July 5, 2013

Book Trauma

You know that moment when you finish a book, look around and realize that everyone is just carrying on with their lives... as though you didn't just experience an emotional trauma at the hands of a book... yeah that just happened to me. I'm not gonna lie - I just stole that from pinterest... but it totally did just happen to me. I am 1000% in love with reading. I completely get caught up in the emotion of it - if you know me at all you know I'm a hardcore empath, which means I have a tendency to feel what others feel - regardless of if the person is real or not. So me reading a book = me feeling like I am that person until "the end". So my book just ended with the character sobbing into the carpet, pounding the floor as her heart crumbled to bits... I then realize the next book hasn't even been written yet, so that's what I'm left with. I feel like crying and have this odd ache in my chest - I look up and everything is just going along it's merry little way and I'm in this confused haze as to why I don't quite know what to do next. It can't end like that, I can't be left in this emotional purgatory!?! WHAT THE HECK! Also known as a "cliff hanger" - people just put warnings on books... **WARNING: This book will not wrap everything up by the last line, in fact it will do the opposite. You will have more questions and be more confused than you were entering the 2nd book and your favorite character will be lost and alone and SOBBING her eyes out. PS - I don't have the next book written yet, nope not even a date in mind as to when it will be done. But thanks for reading it anyways.** So since I'm left wanting I will feed my addiction by getting started on another book...
On to other subjects... maybe something like what this blog is actually SUPPOSE to be about... losing weight. Obviously, if you've seen me lately you know I haven't exactly been successful. But here I am attempting again. I've been eating "healthier" since I got diagnosed as "pre-diabetic" a few weeks again. I wanted to eat healthier anyways but being on Metformin really gives you a good ole kick in the intestines to help you remember. French Fries are OUT. I mean OUT - they are not worth the utter gastronmical pain I have to endure afterward. Metformin is kind of like a little magical pill - the thought of fried, fatty food makes me shudder because I know what lies ahead. So I've been chowing down on lots of veggies and chicken. Metformin is like my little side kick - it keeps me in line and keeps the consequences of stepping out of line in my head. I haven't really lost weight, well I don't feel like I have, I wouldn't know because my husband decided to hide my scale the night after I had a complete emotional breakdown about my fatness. But I do feel better - well when I'm not running for a bathroom. Next week I'm going to try something new - I'll write about that when it happens but for now I'm going to leave you with my little book rant and a new recipe:
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Put in jar and shake ingredients together - the pour into bag with 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into smaller pieces. Allow to marinate overnight or about 6-8 hours, remove from fridge 30 mins prior to cooking. You can grill them or broil them (about 5-6 mins per side).
AMAZING!



1 comment:

  1. So inspiring! Making sure you don't feel deprived is important...it's way easier to eat more healthily if you're already full of vegetables and lean protein-you might still crave stuff, but you're so physically full you can't eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Moving Mountains

 I obviously haven't been journaling/blogging lately... and I feel the need to dump it all. All the highs and lows and in betweens of ou...