Saturday, December 6, 2014

Work it

Wow... It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Well here I am again I guess I'm not much of a blogger since I can't even keep up with it for more than a few months at a time... but I just don't want to waste your time with nothingness... so if I have nothing new and interesting (well, what I consider interesting) to say... I don't blog.
However... these days people seem pretty interested in my weekly prep method especially since my hubs and I are KILLIN IT on the scale... so I figured I would put my weekly recipes here and for those of you that are interested you can read all about it. It's working like a charm for us and I'm about 99% positive it would work for you as well.
A few tips before we begin-- when I decided to do this last week I was super unprepared-- I planned, prepped and shopped all in one day, which was totally ridiculous-- DON'T DO THAT. This week was much more relaxed and I feel 100% better about my cooking/prep day tomorrow. Throughout the week Clint and I discussed some things we'd like to eat and I went on Pinterest and found some recipes. Also, as we added stuff and talked I began a list... mine looks like this but you do whatever floats your boat:

MWF
-Breakfast:
-Lunch:
-Snacks:
-Dinner1:
-Dinner2:
-Dinner3:

TThSa
-Breakfast:
-Lunch:
-Snacks:
-Dinner1:
-Dinner2:
-Dinner3:

Sunday is kind of a "catch all" day where we will eat any leftovers from previous weekly dinners. If there were leftovers I just made a plate (I have a couple tupperware divided plates) and we had enough to get us both through Sunday.

Also, from time to time we have a snack between dinner and bedtime - you should it's super good for you. And I should probably mention that I drink an Advocare Spark prior to breakfast and then water for the rest of the day. Clint drinks mostly water but still gets in is Diet Coke (BAD BOY!) and Coffee.

Another tip - you will need LOTS of tupperware - CLIP those coupons ;) You can print them out and get $1/2 and lots of places have ziplock sales right now. Or Rubbermaid tupperware packs at Target - if you txt OFFERS to 827-438 you can get $5 off a purchase of $25 and use that redcard for an additional 5% off. And there is always the Dollar Tree - 2 packs for $1.

This week for breakfast we are having...
- Mexican Egg Cups http://bethsjourney.com/mexican-egg-muffins/
- Protein Shakes ... basically any recipe you want. Clint enjoys banana, vanilla protein powder, PB2 and water or Unsweetened Almond Milk

This week for lunches we are having...
- Mexican Bowls (we used cut up chicken though) http://jennycollier.com/clean-meal-prep/
- Chicken Chili http://queenbeecoupons.com/crock-pot-slow-cooker-quinoa-chicken-chili-recipe/

This week for snacks we are having...
- Egg Salad w/ Melba Toast or MultiGrain/Quinoa Crackers  http://www.theyummylife.com/Egg_Salad
- Oatmeal + Fruit
- Tuna Cakes w/ sauce (Subbing Greek yogurt for Mayo)
http://www.chroniclesofafoodie.com/2013/06/close-enough-skinny-tuna-cakes.html?m=1
- Sliced Apples + PB dip
http://foodfunlife.blogspot.com/2012/10/peanut-butter-dip.html

This week for dinners we are having...
- Salads with grilled/marinated chicken (2 days)
-Tacos using multigrain tortillas + Vegetables
-Stir fry and vegetable egg rolls
- Marinated chicken + Rice/Bean + Vegetables (2 days)

So my end result looks like this:
MWF
-Breakfast: Mexican Egg Cups
-Lunch: Chicken Quinoa Chili
-Snacks: Egg Salad w/ toast or crackers, Oatmeal + Fruit
-Dinner1: Salad w/ chicken
-Dinner2: Tacos w/ MultiGrain Tortilla + Veggies
-Dinner3: Marinated Chicken + Rice + Veggies

TThSa
-Breakfast: Protein Shake w/ Fruit
-Lunch: Mexican Bowls
-Snacks: Tuna Cakes w/ sauce, Apples + PB dip
-Dinner1: Marinated Chicken + Beans + Veggies
-Dinner2: Salad w/ chicken
-Dinner3: Stir Fry & Egg Rolls

So maybe that will help some of you out that are interested in jumping on the bandwagon. It really isn't that hard or time consuming once you wrap your brain around it all. Pinterest is and always has been my meal planning lifesaver. And if you are willing to take one weekend day and spend a couple hours in the kitchen your life will be HEAVEN. Throw a movie on for the kids or do it during naptime ... you can do it, don't make excuses. This should be tattooed on my forehead - it's the motto that keeps me moving forward always and gets me off my butt - NO EXCUSES.
This morning marks Day 6 of mine and my husbands new journey together -
Clint down 9.9 pounds 
(10 pounds is about an entire pants size!! GO dude!!)
Jillian down 8 pounds
That insane. And significantly awesome. Tomorrow starts exercise so we will see where that takes us - I don't expect to see such high results in the weeks to come but as long as we aren't going up I am a happy girl!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Mountains

 I obviously haven't been journaling/blogging lately... and I feel the need to dump it all. All the highs and lows and in betweens of ou...