Sunday, December 14, 2014

Don't Panic

AGGGGGHHHHHH!
That's how my weekend has gone. This week has been a swirl of excitement, disappointment, frustration and fun... I feel like my brain has whiplash and I haven't struggled with eating this whole two weeks more than I have today. I want to eat my feelings. I hate that. I'm grateful that I know myself enough to know that's what it is and I can mentally re-focus myself... I just hate the fact that I have to do it every 10 seconds today. I went grocery shopping with my family Saturday morning, I cried in the middle of HT because I couldn't focus-- my head was spinning, I felt like I couldn't catch my breath I didn't know what to do next-- I had my list and my coupons and my husband but I couldn't pull myself together... and as the panic welled up inside of me I realized I was having a panic attack. Why hello, old friend - it's been awhile. For the rest of the day I was panic ridden and emotional and I just couldn't shake it. As night came and I snuggled up to watch Frozen AND Rudoph with my sweet boy that crazy feeling inside settled down a bit -  but I hated that Clint had to be away from us. I probably depend on him way more than I should but he is my steady ground and some days I need him more than anything else... co-dependency?? probably, I could care less today. This morning I woke up with a headache, feeling a bit sick to my stomach and still a little frazzled - deciding to go ahead with my prep day was a good idea... staying on task and putting one foot in front of the other is the way I've managed to stay off anxiety meds... and prayer-- lots and lots of prayer, "Prayer trumps panic every time".
So enough about my hot mess life.... I really wasn't planning on going into all that- short and sweet that's what I was going for today, but apparently my fingers and my brain felt the need to speak to you as if you were my diary.
On to important things...
Today has been the BEST food prep day yet, and I'm thanking God for that since I don't know if I could have handled one more thing. Clint may have found me in the fetal position in the kitchen floor.

MWF
B: Crustless Quiche (http://www.skinnymom.com/2014/01/15/skinny-quiche/)
L: Chicken Caesar Wrap (http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/crock-pot-chicken-caesar-wraps/)
S: Light Popcorn
S: Southwestern Egg Rolls + Salsa (http://www.emilybites.com/2012/06/southwestern-egg-rolls.html)

TThSa
B: 2 Hardboiled Eggs & Fruit
L: Simple Pasta Sauce (http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-simple-spaghetti-sauce/#_a5y_p=1571933) + Whole Grain Penne + Baked Chicken Nuggets (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html)
S: Half a Cucumber + Yogurt Ranch
S: Protein Balls (http://www.youmefit.com/waking-up-early/)

This only took me a few hours to make (not at all like the 6+ hours it's been taking) - this quiche is SUPER easy and I sure hope it's good because I can't wait to play with the recipe. The Chicken Caesar Wrap can be made "healthier" by using Caesar Vinaigrette and using Low-Carb or Multi-Grain Tortillas. I was just in the mood for some pasta so I went with a very simple clean eating sauce and wanting something protein-ie so went for a Chicken Parmesan feel -- can't wait to eat it up! Clint was a little over the Mexican Egg cups so he just asked for plain hardboiled eggs for the other breakfast-- sure made it easy on me :)
Hope you guys are enjoying the recipes -- they've ALL come from Pinterest, follow me on Pinterest if you don't already OR just head over to my "Advo-Tastic" board for these recipe pins.
Feel free to share any and all recipes with me - I always wanna try something new.
Our update, for those of you that may be curious...
(in two weeks)
Clint is down 11.7 pounds
Jillian is down 13.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Mountains

 I obviously haven't been journaling/blogging lately... and I feel the need to dump it all. All the highs and lows and in betweens of ou...