Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 34

Well, it's been ONE MONTH - and I've lost a total of 7 pounds... not much to brag about... but hey it's not zero pounds so I'm gonna take it. I haven't really been good about posting on here and I am going to do better, however, I am going to do it a little differently. Someone VERY smart says to "Take the pressure off and make a small change"... words to live by. Another little quote of wisdom currently taking over my life - "The decent method you follow is better than the perfect method you quit" so taking these into consideration I am altering the way I hold myself accountable by way of blogging. I am going to check in and post ONCE A WEEK - probably during the weekend. Every now and again I may get the chance to post more than once but don't hold your breath.

I'm about to drop some knowledge on you.... I don't even know if you are ready for this.... are you? You remember how my friend Jessica said to get the book The Four Hour Body?? Well, she is my new favorite person because this book is RIDICULOUS. I mean it's quirky (by that I mean my kind of humor), it's smart (by that I mean sometimes I have to read a paragraph a few times because this guy is so intelligent and I don't want to miss one single word) and it's LIFE CHANGING.... did you get that part... it's important... it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. So I'm telling you right now if you want to lose weight get off your big ole dimply butt and BUY this book. I went to Barnes & Nobel online and it was $17... yet in the store it's $27... but :) if you have a Kindle (which you should totally have) then it's only $12. The average - AVERAGE - person that reads his book and uses his information looses 20 pounds within weeks. Um... I don't know about you but I'll pay $12 for that. A lot of it is information that you probably already know, but he explains it in a very interesting way and trust me there is A TON in there that you have no idea about. It's completely worth it. Really. Go buy it.

So not THIS week... but next week I'm starting this AVOID white things thing. Meaning I must avoid: all rice (even brown), all breads, cereal, potatoes, pasta (terrible, terrible idea), tortillas and anything fried with breading. This is going to SUCK, it is... I hate it already - but it will be so completely worth it when I'm rockin my bathing suit this summer. Did you know (I do because of this awesome book I'm reading) that this chlorine dioxide chemical used to bleach flour combines with residual protein in most of these foods to form Alloxan - researchers use Alloxan to INDUCE DIABETES in lab rats.... seriously!?!? I mean they left that little snippet of info off the label. That should totally be a surgeon general's warning.

Items that must be included in my menu now: chicken breast or thigh, beef (grass fed), fish, pork, organic eggs, lentils, black beans, pinto beans, red beans, soybeans, spinach (yeck!), asparagus, peas, broccoli, Green beans... you get the picture.

I'm going to be saying NO to FRUIT... oh yeah! It contains FRUCTOSE, which is converted to glycerol phosphate more efficiently than almost all other carbohydrates.
Glycerol phosphate > triglycerides > fat storage (no thank you!)

I'm going to be saying NO to DIET SODA... why? Aspartame can stimulate weight gain.

I'm going to designate Saturday as my "Dieters Gone Wild Day". I'm going to eat whatever I want to eat and it's going to be heaven. Because dramatically spiking caloric intake in this way 1x per week increases fat loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate doesn't downshift from extended caloric restriction. (sounds smart right) And to help with my cravings throughout the week I'm going to keep a notebook around so when I have a craving I'm going to write it down and know that I can eat it on Saturday.

This is just A LITTLE of the ways I'm going to change my diet. So we will see if it works...

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I'm starting Weight Watchers this week (okay, so yeah, I signed up for it in January ... just haven't quite had the motivation ...) you've got some really great ideas in here ... I may have to steal some!!! Good luck!!!!

    Donna Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete

Moving Mountains

 I obviously haven't been journaling/blogging lately... and I feel the need to dump it all. All the highs and lows and in betweens of ou...